MICC – Media Integratione and Communication Center – and ICL, following the participation in the NEMO 22nd Annual Conference on 6-8 November 2014 in Bologna with the project SMartART, has become associated member of NEMO – The Network of European Museum Organisations.
Paolo Mazzanti, the referent representing MICC, is part of NEMO’s working group LEM – The Learning Museum.
The Network of European Museum Organisations (NEMO) was founded in 1992 as an independent network of national museum organisations representing the museum community of the member states of the Council of Europe. Together, NEMO’s members speak for over 30.000 museums across Europe.
- NEMO connects European museums and their organisations to help to ensure their place in the cultural development of Europe.
- NEMO fosters European policies that help museums in fulfilling their role as keepers of cultural heritage by promoting their importance to European policy makers.
- NEMO supports European museums in their aim to learn from each other by networking and co-operation and shows them ways to participate in the existing European cultural policies in its function as an information channel between European institutions and museums.
- NEMO believes that museums are key players in safeguarding cultural heritage and they are central figures on the way for a better understanding within Europe.
- NEMO ensures museums are an integral part of European life by promoting their work and value to policy makers and by providing museums with information, networking and opportunities for co-operation.